A mix of four of seven popular specialty varieties:
- Forest Nameko: Features a glossy, amber-colored cap. The gloss is a natural protein gel that forms a glaze when roasted or grilled and adds body to soups and sauces.
- Velvet Pioppini: Magnificent dark brown caps on long cream colored stems, the intense forest flavor makes it a natural for pastas, game, and red meats.
- Trumpet Royale: Has a wonderful savory flavor, a firm, meaty texture, and an amazing shelf life. Chefs in some of the country’s finest restaurants have remarked on its versatility and will often use it in place of wild mushrooms.
- Nebrodini Bianco: A large, firm ivory colored cousin of the trumpet Royale with a unique sweet, rich flavor. At home both in green curry with coconut or with tomato, olive and capers.
- Maitake Frondosa: Composed of leafy fronds that have a fresh aroma and firm texture. Highly valued for properties supporting the immune system. Our best seller!
- Alba Clamshell: An albino strain of the Brown Clamshell, it is distinguished by its mild shellfish flavor. It's quarter-size caps with 2 to 3 inch white stems retain a crunchy texture even after sautéing.
- Brown Clamshell: More versatile than the Alba Clamshell, it's quarter-size caps with 2 to 3 inch white stems retain a crunchy texture even after sautéing.